Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Counting down...

There are fifteen days between now and my departure for Madrid. The reality of this trip is finally beginning to hit me, and as much as I hate admitting it, I'm in panic mode — I didn't realize there was so much to do beforehand! I've been spending so much time reading travel guides and drawing out maps for myself, that I had forgotten about practical things, like ordering more contact lenses, figuring out how to get an international data plan for my phone, let alone mentally/emotionally preparing for my first week, virtually alone in a foreign country. I can't wait!

So little time, so much to do...

Oh, but welcome! Here it is! A travel blog! This blog is where I will be documenting my experiences abroad. I also plan on updating my other blog (http://northonlynorth.blogspot.com) with bits and pieces of writing during the trip, but this is where I'll be keeping you, lovely friends and family, informed about my daily life/whereabouts while in Europe. If you want an easier way to get updates without having to go through the hassle of typing in a web address (Mom, talking to you), click the "Join this site" button, on the right side of the page, and you will receive updates whenever I create a new post! That's all for now.

1 comment: