Monday, August 22, 2011

Giddiness

I just spoke with my host mom, Señora Antonia. Her name is Maria Antonia (Ma is the notation used for the first name "Maria," which is so common in Spain that women usually go by their middle names.) She was so sweet, and so reassuring! She kept saying "un abrazo grande" (a big hug) over and over, and telling me to let my mom know that I will be very safe and very content. Apparently we will be staying in an apartment only 7 minutes away from the program center, which is awesome for for me and my roommate Jacqueline - we get to sleep in!

As far as packing goes, Señora Antonia told me I didn't need to bring a towel, which was good news. However, insofar as putting actual pieces of clothing in my luggage, I haven't made any progress since the last post... Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment